Attorney General Ashley Moody News Release
February 27, 2019
Contact: Kylie Mason
Phone: (850) 245-0150
Attorney General Moody Names Sheriff Nocco to Statewide Council
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.—Attorney General Ashley Moody today named Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco to the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking. Attorney General Moody chairs the 15-member council that will meet for the first time this year on Friday in Tallahassee.
Attorney General Ashley Moody said, “Sheriff Nocco is a hands-on lawman who tirelessly fights human trafficking in Pasco County. His experience and expertise will be a great asset to the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking as we look for new ways to end this atrocious crime and help survivors heal.”
Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said, “I am honored to serve on this important statewide council and to use my law enforcement experience to help identify and develop strategies to end human trafficking in Florida. Working with Attorney General Moody and all members of the council we will make sure Florida remains a leader in antihuman trafficking efforts.”
Florida’s Statewide Council on Human Trafficking works to identify and develop strategies to stop trafficking and help survivors heal. Council duties include:
· Developing recommendations for comprehensive programs and services including recommendations for certification of safe houses and safe foster homes;
· Making recommendations for apprehending and prosecuting traffickers and enhancing coordination of responses;
· Hosting an annual statewide policy summit with an institution of higher learning;
· Working with the Department of Children and Families to create and maintain an inventory of human trafficking programs and services in our state; and
· Developing overall policy recommendations.
Members of the council include law enforcement officers, prosecutors, legislators, as well as experts in the fields of health, education and social services. The meeting will be streamed live by The Florida Channel. For more information about the council, click here.
The council will host its first meeting of 2019 on March 1, 1:00 p.m. at the State Capitol in Tallahassee.