Attorney General Pam Bondi News Release
Sheriff’s deputies and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement executed search warrants at five central Florida Pipe Dreams locations within Seminole, Lake, Orange and Volusia Counties, and seized liquid cannabis and several million dollars worth of drug paraphernalia.
James Knapton, 74, of Astor, is charged with racketeering, sale and delivery of a controlled substance, manufacture and delivery of drug paraphernalia, conspiracy to sell and deliver controlled substance, and conspiracy to manufacture and deliver drug paraphernalia. His wife, Amie Knapton, 39, of Port Orange, is still outstanding. When arrested, she will be charged with the same offenses listed above.
The following four Pipe Dreams employees are charged with conspiracy to sell and deliver controlled substance and conspiracy to manufacture and deliver drug paraphernalia:
· Brandon Beckman, 33, of Daytona Beach
· Clifford Lagarde, 30, of Ocoee
· Bonnie Ashworth, 53, of Astor
· Samuel James, W/M, DOB 05/08/1995
· Jorge Dominguez, W/M, DOB 02/07/1985
· Beverly Gonzalez, W/F, DOB 10/01/1960
· Joshua Wheeler, W/M, DOB 02/07/1992
The Florida Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecution will prosecute this case.