|February 5, 2018
Contact: Whitney Ray
Phone: (850) 245-0150
|en Español||Print Version||Tweet|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.—Attorney General Pam Bondi and the Florida Commission on the Status of Women today announced the election of its 2018 officers. The commission is a non-partisan body with a focus on raising awareness and celebrating the contributions and successes of all Floridians, along with providing a collaborative platform for those seeking information on issues that affect women, girls and their families in the state.
Officers elected for 2018 are:
- Commissioner Lady Dhyana Ziegler DCJ, Ph.D. of Tallahassee – Chair;
- Commissioner Rita B. Craig of Palm Beach Gardens – Vice Chair;
- Commissioner Nancy C. Acevedo of Winter Springs – Secretary;
- Commissioner Karin Hoffman of Lighthouse Point – Treasurer;
- Commissioner Maruchi Azorin of Tampa – Member at Large; and
- Commissioner Elena Guardiola Spottswood of Key West – Member at Large.
Judge Nina Ashenafi Richardson will install the 2018 officers in a special ceremony on Tuesday, Feb. 06, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the Historic Capitol. The event is free and open to the public