|October 26, 2016
Contact: Whitney Ray
Phone: (850) 245-0150
|en Español||Print Version||Tweet|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.—Attorney General Pam Bondi this week announced a settlement with Vanity Cosmetic Surgery, Inc., resolving an investigation concerning the company’s refund and cancellation policies. Vanity Cosmetic Surgery does business as Vanidades Cosmetic Surgery, West Dade Surgery Center, Inc., Broward Cosmetic Surgery, Inc., Encore Plastic Surgery, Inc., The Center for Cosmetic Surgery, Inc., Florida Aesthetic Surgery Center, Inc., Cosmetics Miami, Inc., BC Surgical Center, Inc., Ismael Labrador and Aimee De La Rosa.
Vanity Cosmetic Surgery allegedly committed deceptive or unfair acts toward consumers in connection with refunds. According to allegations, Vanity Cosmetic Surgery failed to clearly and conspicuously disclose all material terms and conditions of the transaction to consumers, failed to honor their refund policy, failed to honor consumers’ requests for refunds and failed to issue promised refunds.
Vanity Cosmetic Surgery cooperated with Attorney General Bondi’s Office and voluntarily entered into an Assurance of Voluntary Compliance without any admission of liability.
Pursuant to the terms and conditions of the AVC, Vanity Cosmetic Surgery must:
- Clearly and conspicuously disclose to consumers all the material terms and conditions of any transaction before obtaining the consumers’ billing information, charging the consumers, and/or soliciting payment for any product sold and/or service provided;
- Cease making any representations that a product and/or service is free of charge, if it is not;
- Ensure that any subcontractors, companies and/or individuals employed, engaged or utilized by Vanity Cosmetic Surgery are licensed properly in Florida;
- Ensure that all statements, representations, or claims on Vanity Cosmetic Surgery’s websites or in any other marketing or promotional materials are accurate;
- Ensure that any and all disclaimers and policies are clearly and conspicuously disclosed to consumers;
- Provide training programs to all relevant employees regarding customer service and internal handling of consumer complaints;
- Issue refunds within 21 calendar days from the date the consumer requests the refund;
- Maintain a customer support telephone number and/or email address for consumers to file complaints and ensure those consumer complaints are responded to within seven business days; and
- Ensure that any and all businesses owned or operated by Vanity Cosmetic Surgery are registered with the State of Florida.
Additionally, Vanity Cosmetic Surgery agreed to pay restitution for eligible consumers who have not yet received a refund, as well as pay the costs of investigation and settlement administration.
Consumers who filed complaints with the Attorney General’s Office will receive instructions by mail indicating how to obtain refund checks.
Consumers may file a complaint about Vanity Cosmetic Surgery or any other business by visiting MyFloridaLegal.com or calling 1-866-NO-SCAM.
To view the AVC, click here.