Click on a company to see a brief description of allegations.
- Baker, Kennedy and Associates, Summit Legal Group,PA. / Triton Group Holding, Inc / THE LAW OFFICES OF WILLIAM O'TOOLE, P.A., Take2 Enterprises,Inc.
- FHA All Day.Com, Inc./Daniel Fox/The Hall Firm/Housing Assistance Inc/Housing Assistance Now/Housing Assistance Law Center/Safety Financial
- Law & Associates, LLC, Thomas E. Law II
- NATIONAL FORECLOSURE COUNSELING SERVICES CORP
- Foreclosure Rescue Services, L.L.C., d/b/a Foreclosure Relief Systems, L.L.C.
- Lender Processing Services, Inc.
Attorney General Pam Bondi Press Release
Attorney General Bondi's Office Sues Tampa Law Firm for Foreclosure Rescue Operation
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. –Attorney General Pam Bondi’s Office today sued Tampa lawyer Eric Mader, alleging he ran a nationwide foreclosure-rescue operation that charged illegal fees and failed to provide promised assistance to consumers. Some of the allegations include that Mader and his firm, Mader Law Group, lured consumers with websites mimicking government sites, misrepresented that consumers would be enrolled in government assistance programs or could get loan modifications from lenders, and charged fees for services never rendered. Mader allegedly offered refunds to some consumers only if they would withdraw their complaints about him to the Florida Bar, which regulates lawyers.
“We will not allow scam artists to defraud Florida’s homeowners who are seeking financial relief,” stated Attorney General Pam Bondi.
Among other things, the lawsuit seeks an order to prohibit Mader and his firm from charging up-front fees for foreclosure-rescue services and to require them to comply with Florida's foreclosure-rescue law. The lawsuit is also seeking restitution for consumers.
Follow this link to view a copy of the complaint: http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/MMFD-9ADK7T/$file/Mader+Complaint.pdf